Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A few weeks

It's been a pretty amazing couple of weeks. I made a few awesome costumes - both that can and will be used for multiple occasions throughout this and every year. Awesome. I'm really proud of my work... even though in the middle of the costume making my sewing machine broke and the repair shop said it would cost more to fix than it would to just buy a new machine! So. I bought a new machine. And I complain about it (the buttonholes are automatic; at first I thought that would be amazing, but now I'm not so sure. When the buttonholes didn't work.) but everything's okay, and I seem to have a way to compensate, so that's all wonderful.

Hindsight: should have taken some pictures of the process and posted them.

Anyway, to complete my ensemble, I need me some suspenders and a tie tac. And also I'm probably going to try and make a holster for my steampunk gun. AND I MADE A STEAMPUNK GUN. Wow, stream of consciousness much?

Aaand the real reason I'm writing here is that I need to get back into practice; shows later this month. Also, writing is cool, right?

Love,
Ben

No comments: