Monday, September 21, 2009

Insomnia Makes Me Type

Tomorrow's going to be a day of doing stuff. I need to get the air conditioner in my car fixed, especially since I plan to have it for many years to come, and I've been putting it off for way too long. The stupid thing about the whole situation is that I really don't have a trusted mechanic around here, and checking on yelp, there's no person in the area that pops out. My plan is to go to the guy I usually go to tomorrow (if there's time) and if not, I have an appointment with another place on Tuesday. Yes, boring, I know, but once I have blisteringly cold air coming out of my vents, everyone will want to be riding in my car!

Brigadoon is over and done with. Thank gods. We were rained out of our last performance, so woo hoo to that! And I've been on to complain sometimes about Call Me Madam, but for the most part it's been an incredibly positive experience, especially with my disrespectful experiences I've been having earlier, and of course it's nice to be in a show where they actually utilize me as the triple threat that I am. Booya!

Monica and I went to Sacramento the other day, so that she can talk to her advisor about restarting her thesis and graduating. It was an incredibly positive meeting, and we were able to spend the rest of the day doodling around Sac, which is always fun, especially when we end up at a costume store and find an Awesome Parasol, a Dance Macabre mask, and a Sweet Pocketwatch (working!); it was a great day for everyone. Plus we ate a whole lot. They got some good restaurants there in Sac.

The rest of life is okay. The car is the biggest task of the next couple of days, and I hope it to be done by tomorrow (my theory, it's a wire that needs to be kajiggered back into place). After that, I'm probably going to be a beach exerciser; I want to take advantage of the beauty around me, it seems like for a LONG time I've just been taking for granted the fact I live on the coast. Many people don't ever see the ocean, let alone such a beautiful area as mine... so I need to be grateful.

No comments: