Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Now that I'm working on a show where I'm respected (for the most part) and used (for the most part), I'm beginning to love my career again. It's not a perfect place, nothing is, and at this point in my life I'm very sensitive to things like disrespect and taking advantage of your performers, so it's easy to see some mostly innocent requests coming from the production team as criticisms, which puts me on the defensive. But I'll get past that, if they continue to release me early, and I learn my shit, which I will, of course.

This morning I've rediscovered my love of oatmeal, and how it helped me lose so much weight earlier in the year. It fills me up for hours, and all I need as a snack later is some almonds or some other thing that fills me up. That's the key folks, just don't eat a whole lot. Unlike me, who had a huge in and out burger last night, but hey, that's a once in a while treat.

Monica's back from sad times down in LA; her aunt (and general cool person) died late last week, and the whole family went down there to pay their respects and to start figuring out the estate that she left behind. From what I can see, it's pretty awkward, but there's a ton of love in that family... so it ends up being kind of heartwarming in the end, as she talks about some of the good stuff that happened. Some of the bad stuff that happened, however, is pretty terrible, but does seem like normal familial hate in these normal situations.

No comments: