Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Here's something interesting

I was messing around with vista today and found a little thing that
says "11 days to activate. Activate now." admittedly, I didn't purhase
vista, so I shouldn't have anything to cry about; if after the time
allowed Im not allowed to login, I'll simply reformat the bootcamp
part and set up xp again, that or find a better copy of vista.

Now that I think about it, that might be the case; I might have to
have done a fresh install, not an upgrade from xp, like I did. All in
all though I'm not impressed, even after the service pack has been out
for a while, the system is not as fast as xp service pack 3. Why don't
you just "upgrdade" back to xp, ben? The throngs of you ask. Well,
that's a good question.

The main problem is that i've lost my (legitimate) copy of xp which I
purchased a while ago. I've been searching for it off and on for a
year now, in various states of frustration, and finally, acceptance. I
did a quick perusal around my room... No go. So, I either buy a new
copy (ha!) or find another way. I may go for option two.

Or, I may wait 11 days and see what happens. After that time, I can
try a fresh reinstall, and if that doesn't work, a reformatting of
bootcamp.

Surprisingly technical, but the geek in me is actually interested in
these things.

No comments: