Friday, May 1, 2009

Rehearsal and Such

An email this morning: All called, Stumble-thru/work Act 2.

I've been critical of the scheduling and directorial process of wildcat in the past, and I know it's a hard thing to keep so many plates spinning at once when you're a director, but there are some scenes we just haven't touched throughout this process... and I'm still a little annoyed.

Perhaps it's just because I haven't been called that often that I haven't been in the habit of thinking I'm really in a show, it's more that I go to a rehearsal for an hour or two in the evening, and then head home to play prince of persia or whatever. It's been very odd, actually. Well, at least for the actual show I won't have a whole lot to do, and it's equity points. So there you have it.

I'm just tired of the incompetence of the various theatre companies around here. Sigh. It happens, and I feel I'm writing this more and more... but honestly the frustration doesn't go away, so what else should I write?

---

I really want a flying carpet lately. Is that weird? I think it is. But it'd be fun!

No comments: