Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dispatches from the Mainland

I've been hearing nothing but horrible things about the director of The Full Monty. So much so that I may actually not take the job if I'm offered it, if being the key thing.. if I don't get the show, then fuck if it matters whether or not it was offered, am I right men? It's been mostly a unanimous vote about how much of a psycho shithole he is from people here who worked with him, people who refused to audition because he was directing, and then 3rd party opinions of opinions of him - all negative. So I'm not too excited about thinking about whether or not I should take it. Needless to say, I don't think I will. I made an agreement with myself not to take jobs that don't pay. Even if it's an incredible part. INDECISIONS.

I also need to reserve a tux for Nick's wedding. I'm still not quite sure how to do that. I think I MAY reserve it in the Lou, and then go get it fitted there; I don't want to be lugging it all across the country. I almost left the 'o' out of country, so you can puzzle what that would have spelled. It made me laugh because I have a strange mind. Strange = naughty.

I think I've come to terms with the fact that I may not get into ANY of the programs I've applied for. Sure, fun and games and shit, and even if I got into a program like UHM, what could I teach? I just learned puppetry for 3 years... who in fuck's name teaches puppetry? And why am I saying I want to teach? I don't really want to do that! Just frustrated right now, I really want my next chapter to start, but grad school may not be for me. Either that, or it might be in another subject, one that isn't governed by programs that only accept one type of actor. Either that, or I can schedule my breast implant surgery so I can get into some schools. Dying the hair blonde is easy, the big step is to get the boobs.

Blah, I'm just getting myself down. I would surperbly enjoy learning more skills. I know I would, I did the first time around, this would be without all that liberal arts bullshit. Ah, I should have gone to an arts college all along. Oh well. Live and learn.

I think my next chapter will start soon. I just need to be more proactive. With many things, like agents too, I've been super lax on that for this whole year. Admittedly, I thought that after my grad school auditions, my path would be before me and I would have an easy year knowing that I have something coming up that I would enjoy profoundly. Boo to that. I just need to start not feeling shitty about myself. This isn't as bad as it was. Truly truly not as bad as it was - I've even upped my workout! I'm so not as depressed as I was feeling this time last year.

So, tonight I might head over to Joanne's Fabrics and pick up some supplies to make duvet covers for the comforters in my life. It will be fun to get back into tailoring. Then:
  • A vest.
  • Pants.
  • Jacket.
  • More clothes.

I want to rock this sewing machine out, and I've been a bad present recipient and haven't used it one bit. Shame on me. I'll make it up to the world by making duvet covers. I sure as fuck think that's how you spell it.

No comments: