Friday, February 8, 2008

Timeline

In a little over 24 hours I'll be doing my auditions. I am extremely nervous and excited. I'm trying to tell myself that this is no different than any other of my auditions; which is true. However, what that really is telling myself is that I should take all of my auditions, weird shows, dumb shows, etc. with the same amount of respect and effort that I'm giving these this weekend. I keep on telling myself that I need to put it out there, maybe this is part of it, committing myself fully to every piece of art I do. After all, an actor's job is really to audition, getting a show is just a perk.

In a little over 4 days I'll be on my way to Hawaii. I'm so extremely pleased that this was worked out that the day after my auditions, I go to Hawaii. No matter what happens, I'm still going to be in motherfucking Hawaii. I have a feeling if I go there and do absolutely nothing, I'll have an amazing time. However, I will be doing a lot, so rock and roll!

Thank god for the new season of LOST. It's turning out to be as amazing as I thought it would be. Unlike a bunch of other people, I have not lost interest in the show with all its awkward twists and turns (Although you almost lost me at Mr. Eko's demise... and wasn't he building a church with Charlie? Oh, guess that doesn't matter now anyway.) but I've stayed through it and have been through everything. No other show has made me actually watch it every week, and that's saying something. Well, then Heroes came along, but this was first. It put my faith back into a career that I may have one day in film. If this is the direction Hollywood's going, I have faith that there's a place for me there.

Anyway, I hope for positive energy to be sent my way for my auditions. I will need it.

No comments: