Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bringing another online

This one is from March 7

---

I love my laptop, and I think it's mostly because it's a simple way to get my ideas down, or anything down while I'm waiting. My 9 cell battery even came, but I'm still using my old 3 cell with a wall plug; thinking the new battery's only going to be for travel or if I won't be near an outlet for an entire day... which now that I think about it seems a little odd in this day and age, but you never know. Hey, at least it cost the same as a 6 cell, so I think I'm getting my money's worth. And even if I'm not, I can still brag for a 7-9 hour charge with the FUCKING HUGE battery.

Maybe it was a bad purchase; been getting a lot of flak for it from my friends, but when it comes down to it, it's already done, and I really am not going to send it back, always good to have a spare battery, even if it pushes up the back of my cute little netbook.

Wow, been writing a lot about this little computer of mine; I guess I know what's been on my mind lately. It's funny, when I'm not using it, I feel like I'm wasting it, but when it is used, I am so happy to have it... so I think it was the right decision. Even if it wasn't, warranty's void after installing this ram... so haha to me.

This rehearsal, while slow, is very productive; I'm proud of this production. Taking one more step back and giving the actors more time to explore and create with the new space was the right idea. Having more solid direction is better as well; gotta hand it to our director, she really has improved, and is learning something new every day. Maybe she'll be a great director after all, it's a little late for perfection for this show, but everyone has to start somewhere. So GOOD FOR YOU, Dot! You're working hard, and it's paying off – this show's going to be a great one.

However, from delays and an extra long lunch break, we're going to be much later than intended; we're supposed to be done at 6, ten minutes from now... I doubt this will happen on time... and it's more important to have a run in than getting out on time... right? Well, I know where my vote is, really. More organization would mean a watchmen showing for me tonight, as is, I'll be lucky to be home by 9.

Also, I love OpenOffice. Friends don't let friends use Word.

No comments: