Friday, March 20, 2009

More more more

From yesterday March 19.

---

Trying out just typing in Notepad. After all, that's what journals and shit are for, right, normal stuff, not like I'm writing a paper or something.

Back to the show. I've been having some good times this week, and some depressing times. A lot of my depression still comes from my lack of work, but it seems like there's also an added tinge of empathy for some of my friends who've either lost a job or hate their job or are sick... and even some empathy for people walking down the street; there's been so many people this past week sobbing, bawling their heads off, just walking down the street. I don't know what to do in these situations. Of course, do nothing is the standard, but I just want to stop and comfort. It's an odd place to be, honestly. Very odd. But I really do just want to hug and hug and hug.

One funny thing that's been going on between Monica and I is our dual laptop fun during the evenings. It's so odd how BIG her laptop is compared to mine, and yet I feel no envy! This little fucker is one of the coolest things I've ever bought, and I think my experiences with my iPhone have made me happy with compact media centers and gaming devices.. and this is a wonderful piece of machinery! Lotro looked beautiful on it just last night, and I was successful in killing shit! Yeah!

Finally getting around to checking out the Player's Handbook 2. Looks like it's including everything I missed from PH1: gnomes, druids, mostly, and they've added an acceptable amount of cool shit to the rest of the build. It looks like 4e's shaping up to be something pretty wonderful. (Skill challenges, yay!)

Applied for something today that would have me camping out in the wilderness 2 days out of every week. Pays well too, but I'd dig the camping out. I like nature. They might need someone like me, a leader, and someone who knows how to present material; any other thing (hiking, nature, how to make a fire) I can be taught or figure out on my own. Ya gotta be quick with that kind of stuff, and if you're intelligent, it's easy enough to pick up, I'd imagine.

Oooh, really liking this new gnome stuff I can contribute to my next game. MONDAY! I can't wait to get back in the stuff; missed it terribly. I do wish I could find a real, in person, game around here, but for the most part, I'm going to have to contest myself (is that the right phrase) with online adventuring. It's been working fine so far.

Lily is here tonight. we were never really friends, but it's always good to see a HAIR alum out in the wild. Hot boyfriend she has too; they're a little.. non relationshipey though, maybe it's just a friend. He does look a little like he doesn't really like women.... so there you go. She's a good person, just a little odd, but a good person for the most part.

No comments: