Thursday, July 3, 2008

School, Work, and Play

Hawaii keeps sending me new student information. I've already told them and they've agreed to defer my acceptance a year (well, the department did, I'd have to reapply to the university itself). It's just hard, seeing these other people getting excited about it.. and I'm not really excited about going there. It seems like it would be a blast, and who knows, maybe next year I'd go, but for now, I'm not really ready to take the plunge and go all the way over there to study acting, which while being beneficial, and would build contacts, is not really in the spot that has the contacts I would really want to further my career. Not to badmouth you, Hawaii, I'm sure I'd make some good friends and great contacts, but right now I'm shooting more for Los Angeles. It's still kind of flattering though; almost like they have a huge crush on me, but damn, they just live so far away.

Anywho. Nothing much else to report as usual. Mountain Days last night went pretty well; we had a nice full house, only mild fuckups, and I'm getting to know more of the cast. They're pretty good people, and Willows regulars.. or at least musical regulars. I think that's why I've never met any of them before, when the Willows casts a straight play, they rarely cast musicians, and vice versa. It's a way do to things, but I'd much rather cast actors who can sing than singers. But whatever. Not my company. Pay it forward. It'll be nice though when I can start my walks at lunch again... you know what, I'm not really worried about the music anymore, I'm going to start walks again today! Unless Monica comes down to visit me, that is. We'll see! I sure hope we see each other at lunch in any case, I have a party tonight with the Willows that I don't want to miss because I'm an asshole actor and need to talk to people in the industry.

Elaine is still being dumb, and reacting too much to things that I say. She's a very fake person. I miss Bonny. I miss Myra. Oh well, I won't be here much longer, so here's to not giving a fuck for the next few weeks. I sure hope I find a job though so I can quit this one; that'll show them all.

Oop. Gotta get the milk.

Back. Had a nice talk with Monica where she let me bitcha little bit about Elaine. You know what I think figured out during that conversation? I'm not really letting myself like her because she is my replacement, and is already probably being paid more than I am. And that's okay with me. I'm fine with not liking her - in a month I'll be gone and she'll be stuck here. And maybe they'll want to keep me on part time, if so, great, and I'll still try and look for other places; if they've wanted to get rid of me now, part time won't want them to keep me anyway.

Just got a call from mum. Apparently Eavie sent me a package of my stuff. That's nice of her. It's probably all my coats that I have no idea where they are. That'll be nice to have those back, but it's still a weird feeling. I didn't even get a courtesy email that she was going to send them. You'd think that we'd at least be cordial to one another... but then again, I'm just done trying to be friends with her; if she doesn't want to be my friend, her loss.

Wow. Just got a call from AEA. They want to see me in person. I don't know what to say. I do know that I will call them at lunch time and see what they have to say... and if they feel like flying me down for an interview, I'd try and do it, but I don't know if I can afford the funds to do a day trip to LA for that kind of thing. Wow. Flattering. I'm going to call them back and see if I can. It's hard though, because of the conflict of interest; I've always wanted to be a union actor... and if I can't be one because I'm working for the union... well yeah... Also the fact that I'd have to pick up and move pretty quickly, missing Bottom. Hm. Hm. Well, it doesn't hurt to talk to them. And if anything, chalk it up to experience.

That's an exciting thing right there. I must have done something right at the interview. Gosh. Now I'd need some sort of shirt and tie or something. Maybe my blue shirt... stop. We don't even know what's going on. And I don't even know where my blue shirt is... although I have some leads. (Closet at Monica's or closet in Room.) We'll see.

No comments: