Monday, May 19, 2008

Post

Brains are funny things. Lying this morning, snuggled all neatly, my mind completely kept me away from the notion that I had to go to work today. For about a half an hour, I had a completely peaceful half sleep where I didn't even worry about the day or having to get up or the summer class thing or grad school or plays or being stressed out in a play I don't want to be in anymore, just to worry about wrapping my arms around my lovely girl. It was a really beautiful way to start today. When reality set in, I wasn't mad or frustrated or even cranky, I realized that my mind had given me a present; a wonderful half hour treasure of no worries or cares.

Needless to say, I'm a little more chipper today than I normally would be, and it's apparent to people walking in. Maybe my "hello"s are too bright, or my face doesn't have the usual scowl that appears at 8 in the morning, but it's making other have either very awkward reactions or a brighter start to their day. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to be like this every day, but it's a little different and fun. Thank you brain.

So! Bought the Orange Box for PC yesterday and downloaded it all night last night and was able to jump in a quick match of Team Fortress 2 this morning, promptly getting my ass handed to me by the master players. There really isn't a tutorial thing, is there? I had no idea what was going on, how to use the controls, or what to do. It was pretty awesome, but I would like more tutorial stages please. I look forward to beating portal again, and starting on some Half Life 2. Excellent times, these games. And a FANTASTIC deal on the price. They did some marketing right there.

Officially turned down the moscow art summer academy. I was excited for it, but I think I wanted my summer to myself, and I don't know if I need more stanislavski right now, since, you know, I studied it for four years and at the end wanted to destroy the method forever. Time has passed since then, which is why I didn't outright refuse it... I just want more time to play. I'm actually having a good time, believe it or not.

Huh, just saw an article about someone in TBA. Someone who fills me with rage. THAT put me in my old mood. Hooooray! Now Ben, not everyone can be cockteases, you just didn't get lucky in the gene pool; the only ones that really matter are the blondes with big boobies. You're right, inner self, you're right.

Wow, that's a sour note to end on. Um. Okay, I got something that'll make you feel better: cherry pies.

No comments: