Thursday, May 1, 2008

Another post?

"I love you guys! I'm going to miss you so terribly when I'm gone!" An innocent statement found on facebook. It seems nice enough, almost to the point of Aww..., but then one realizes, how many 'I's are in that sentence. Of course, of course, I'm no better; there are more I's on this site than there are morally and physically crushed people in China. But still, what stands out to me:

"I'm going to miss you so terribly when I'm gone!"

Sort of like, "Oh! I'm looking at this cute picture of us, and yes it's true that I'll miss you, but what really matters is I'M LEAVING."

Of course, I wouldn't be so critical if it wasn't someone I'm hideously jealous of.

Also, I think I'm in a bit of a weird mood today.

But still. Kinda self centered of her.

No comments: