Friday, May 9, 2008

Slightly Bemused Look

Ah, and my entry blipped into oblivion... lets try again...

The workers are here again. I can't even fathom what they're doing. This isn't the kind of "can't fathom" that comes with hyper intensity atom colliders, this is the "can't fathom" that comes with "are they actually doing anything up there?" So far, I've been sitting under them as they scrape on a pipe, both making a lot of noise and not doing... anything as far as I can tell. Is it really that workers don't do anything but end up spending hour upon hour of working on pipes? This is wrong, really; after all, the front office got done... wait, they're still WORKING on the front office, when they said it would have been done the first week of March. Charming, isn't it? I'm ready to get out of here.

I think I mentioned before that I played some Lord of the Rings Online on Wednesday. Starting a new character after about a year of not playing was not only fun, but really interesting, coming almost completely fresh from not playing ANY MMOs for the past year-ish. It's a great game, and I can't wait to get back to it sometime this weekend.

Ya see, that's the problem with being in a show, all the little gaming time I HAD is now flushed down the toilet, and LOTRO isn't a game that you can just pick up and play for a few minutes. Well, wait, kinda it is, but I can't really, since I'm not living with my computer at the moment. Anyway. I miss it, a lot, I miss the friends I make online (who are real friends, despite what people may think) and I even miss the weird headaches you get after spending HOURS UPON HOURS playing video games and then have to go out and do something later in the day (ie a show). As I recall, I used to stop those headaches and the logeyness that came from them by taking a walk before my gaming extravaganza, but yesterday I think I made some stupid lame excuse about not finding the sunscreen so of course I can't go out - NOT EVEN FOR A MINUTE! - and walk; too risky.

These workers also are speaking Spanish. I know enough Spanish to know when they're making fun of someone, and they were kinda making fun of me just now. I'm not incredibly annoyed at this because while they fuck around and not do any work at they're job, at least when I fuck around and not do work at my job, I can surf the internet. So there.

I beat Portal. That was fun. I need to get the rest of the Orange Box now. Maybe I'll download Steam this weekend.

And that's it! Moscow still hasn't gotten back to me, so I don't know what I'm going to do about that; I may just not do it all together. I mean, I'm sure it'll be a good experience, but if they're being this disrespectful NOW, I wonder how it's going to be when I get there, alone, inexperienced, and in Boston. I mean, come on. Honestly, I don't know what I'm going to do...

No comments: