Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Working on my powers of invisibility.

When early to work in the morning, I usually keep the door locked until 8, just so I don't have to worry about any vagabonds coming in. Also, so I know when to look like I'm busy when people enter. It also gives me time to go, get oatmeal ready, get some coffee, you know, the usual stuff that happens in the morning. It also gives me time to distract myself from the fact that I'll probably be sitting down for 9 hours today. Oh great, now I just reminded myself of that... cue horrible depression...

Anyway, this morning, Roy, quite possibly the oldest Old Man here, comes walking to the door. He's a nice Old Man, very loud on the phone, very quiet sometimes, but does make some very funny statements. He also is the loudest sneezer and nose blower I've ever heard. It's quite amazing. Today, he came in while I was sitting on my computer, but had forgot to unlock the door; it was 8:05 EXACTLY.

Standing outside, Roy was fumbling for his keys in his bag, as I walked around my desk and to the door. He found his keys, and were putting them into the lock as I unlocked the door and walked back to my desk. Roy continued the unlocking process, walked in the door, and attempted to unlock the lock. When looking at the door, he noticed it was fully unlock, wherein he went outside and checked to see if the door was open. It was.

I had no idea my invisibility was on this morning, but I'm certainly glad it's improving.

No comments: