Friday, May 30, 2008

4 more shows...

Custom Made offered me a (quite plum) role of Richard in A New Brain. Now, Brian and I got along fine last year, but we weren't the best of friends, and we both knew it. Assassins turned out to be a pretty fantastic show, and I'm really happy to be a part of that artwork; it was a really good experience for me and I learned a lot, and made some cool new friends. I'm really happy they offered it to me, and I would have taken it if not for the gobs of scheduling issues that came up with my second job, not to mention the want to take a short break; I'd have to start on Tuesday.

That being said, I left the window open and said if I was their only hope, I would love to do the role and we could make it work. So it still might happen. If not, I'm sure it'll happen for me sometime in the future; the part is really good for me. And they came to be out of the blue, so I know I'm on their mind. BLAH BLAH BLAH ACTOR BLAH BLAH BLAH. Is this how Actors sound? Am I turning into an Actor? It feels that way sometimes. So for the rest of this post, there will be no more usages of the word 'I.' How's that for a challenge?

Of course, there's really not much more to say, so the rest of the post could be quite short. Had a conversation with Monica last night that turned into somewhat of a Conversation; one of those that your parents had when you were little, one that you were sure was a fight, but they assured you it was a Conversation, you know, one of those? It's silly, we haven't seen each other in a few days, and our schedules are really horrible right now, and we still manage to get down and disagree. Not even disagree really... we're just a little ragged right now; we need some rest.

It is great to see her though. It's been a tough month in general with the show and other factors coming in, even last night's Conversation was more subdued... things are changing, and can work through whatever's bogging down our minds and become a better couple. For example, Indiana Jones this weekend! What could bring a couple together better than that?!

Other than that, 4 more shows. There's nothing in the world that is better than those few words. What's funny is that no one will miss this. In almost every show, there is always someone who gets teary at the end of the run and is honestly broken up about the whole thing; not this - not one person is sad about Sunday. Plus there's a cast party, the reason why theatre was invented!

That's it! Time to work.

No comments: