Thursday, January 31, 2008

From My Bro

There's nothing like beeing greeted with a kind face and a good heart first thing in the morning. Or at the very least a pleasant face seeming to read, Yes, I don't want to be here either, but it's good to see you.

Today, in the parking lot, I was greeted with, "Didn't make FedEx last night."

"Oh."

His face was full of anger, red, worry lines streaking across what is usually a face of jovialness, if not intelligence, with just a touch of pity, This poor admin, it seemed to say, he really doesn't know how bad he should be feeling because of my mistake.

"Did you know that after 5:30, they can't ship to Florida."

It was a question, but wasn't stated as one.

"No, actually, I didn't. But that's why we have a pickup at 4:30."

"You're supposed to get me the heads up, bro, we really need that."

I am so glad that he lightened the situation, bro. He called me bro. That makes me feel relief, but also immediate connection with him; he is my brother, after all.

"Well, when you said you were driving it up there, I didn't argue, I thought it's something you did often. And I did remind you when they came last night, at 4:45."

"It wasn't ready, so at 10 after 6, they wouldn't let me ship it."

"Well, I'm sorry about that."

"You just need to give me the heads up, bro."

No comments: