Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Home again Home again, Jiggaty Jig

The holidays were perhaps a 10 times more fantastic than I could have realized. I don't know why, it hadn't been that long since I've seen my family, but seeing them now was so wonderful; I knew that I had been missed, and so everyone would be on their best behavior. I didn't even get into any fights with my dad! We were so cordial. I think it was the knowledge that I was going to be leaving in a few days. Of course, at the end of the trip part of me wished I could have stayed longer.

Not that I actually did anything super spectacular the last few days of the trip. In fact, I mostly visited with family and friends. I saw both my grandparents: one's doing well, one's a lot older than I remember her, but she's still up and around at 89 years old, living by herself and everything!

Seeing Nick was awesome. I miss that kid. I miss him even more now that I got to see him and am now not going to see him for another 3 months. I can't wait until they start building teleportation devices so we can go wherever we want and see friends we haven't seen in a long time every day. Of course, then we wouldn't appreciate the time we do have together as much... but what the fuck, we have teleporters, so we don't have to!

The dinner with Ashley was really fun too. She's a really cool person, and we've been going through similar experiences this past year, with new jobs and new goals and new towns. Also, we went to Bread Co, which is delicious.

My goal for tonight is to apply to at least 1 other grad school (Yale) and if I have time, start on another. Then I want to reread Bone. Fuck, that thing is awesome. I'm so happy, I'm not even sad the break's over. I just had an amazing time.

Also, my iPhone rocks. YEAH.

No comments: