Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Trying to keep my mind off of lunch.

I can't wait until I get through my mental block with this phone. I'm still not used to it. I guess it doesn't help that Sprint is still fucking with me. Man oh man, this is why loyal customers of 3 years decide to leave. Well, that and a new phone on a (hopefully) better plan.

---

13 days until Hawaii! I am thinking about getting a haircut this week so it has time to grow into something cool by the time I get there. Because, you know, I really care about how cool I look.

(I kind of do.)

---

I've found Everyblock, a pretty cool site that compiles super hyper local news. Unfortunately, I can't hear what's going on right outside my door, but I can hear what's going on near my mom's work. It's really neat, and has one for New York and Chicago too. It certainly passes the time when I'm not going over vocabulary and saving the world.

---

I can't believe that I've actually been watching American Idol these past few weeks. I mean, the horror that's slowly bubbling to the top is that I'm actually starting to enjoy it. Then I hide that part of me in my dark, pretentious soul and continue to look up websites about how the stocks are doing in Apple (AAPL) and Jamba Juice (JMBA). I scoff at what's going on, but then secretly hope that the cute blonde who's lived in a log cabin makes it to the top 12. It's her story! She's going to be out in the world!

Then I realize that I don't care. And I don't have any stocks. And that I know that while I may not be the Idol of millions, I'm going to keep on learning and becoming a better person.

Got a little hokey at the end, bet you weren't expecting that, HM?!

No comments: