Thursday, January 17, 2008

Egyptian Gods

I've recieved a few new things to do at work. Unfortunately, this was not a gradual process, this was something that happened over the course of 2 days, and none of these things really have anything in common with each other, so its' not like I can clean the office and search for marketing materials at the same time. This is not a bad thing, because it'll make my days go faster, it's just something out of the ordinary, because I'm used to sitting on my ass, and the only stress I've had was the pressure on my ass after sitting for 9 hours.

I almost typed 9 horus. I wonder how Horus would feel if I used him in a context like that.

For some reason my energy has been very scattered this morning. I feel like I'm grasping at the ground on a cliff and my fingers are slipping. It's a very strange feeling, and I don't know where it's coming from. I'm pretty much on top of things, and what I haven't done, I have plans for. Everything's planned out. Maybe I'm just anxious about the auditions coming up. Then again, they're just auditions, and my monologues are going really well. I just have to work on them a bit more. And in the meantime, I'm honing 4 really great monologues for the rest of auditions.

Maybe I'm just picking up the energy here. Everything seems so very tense, but I can't put my finger on it. And if it is energy at work, I don't like the idea of me empathizing with this place. Maybe it's just my natural caring personality caring for something I don't really like. Or maybe the workplace itself is just bored with what its doing. I mean, it used to build ships. Now it's landscaping. Good landscaping, but it seems to pale in comparison.

I dunno though, I'd rather create something that grows than create something which destroys. Hm, something to think about?

---

I can't believe it, but I've watched American Idol these past two nights. It's a love/hate relationship really. Actually, more hate/disgust relationship. Although I must admit I don't hate it as much as I thought I would. What really makes me angry is that it's more like theatre's bastard son, the one who everyone hates, is now coming to the limelight and taking over using his own brand of theatre. The brand that creates photocopies of pop stars to force feed over the course of X weeks.

That being said, if I were to audition, I would sing "Umbrella."

No comments: