Thursday, April 17, 2008

I swear I don't know how this happens

I've only been at work for an hour and already I have no fewer than 10 articles I want to read on tech shit, theatre shit, and all around interesting shit. I honestly don't know how I do it. Google Reader is to blame. Ever since I added some super big blogs, they've given me all sorts of other stuff to read and keep me sane throughout my day. Not that reading is a bad thing! And keeping sane is good too, it's just after a few minutes, I look down and the task bar is so squished with minimized windows that I can't see any of the titles any more. Add to that my normal webcomics and facebook, and I have a really crowded space down there. Makes me feel more popular than I really am.

I was able to cut it down to a few articles right now, with the promise to myself to actually read the ones I have open and then simply go to the page afterwards, instead of having them all open in a torrential downpour of interesting goodies. Oh Reader, how you've spoiled me. Like one example: Freecycle.org. It's local groups around the country that give away stuff they don't need, so it doesn't end up in landfills. I'm checking it out; if there's nothing there that I want, I'll just leave the group. Take that, positive groups to help the environment and people not become consumer whores! I'll just go and buy 5 televisions from best buy!

No comments: