Friday, April 4, 2008

Oh right.

I was wondering where Bonny left off to. Today's one of her class days. I totally forgot. I would have said, "Have a good weekend," yesterday. Oh well, I'm sure she will.

"Wow Ben, you sure are hidden behind that wall."

"Yep."

"Why don't you sit out here in the open more?"

"This is where they put me."

"But no one can see you."

"I know."

"Well, you should come out here."

These people really need to get a better hobby than "Talk To Ben In The Morning."

Oh! My UCSF check finally came in the mail two days ago. I'm going to rock that shit out with all sorts of delicious "putting in the bank" action! Yeah! Maybe I'll even put it in my saving's. WOO! HARDCORE SPRING BREAK!

I'm sort of scheduling my day today, and I may have to skip my walk to go to Grampa's house and check on the cat. That unfortunately also means I need to skip (again) looking at my lines at lunch. I'm not really weirded out that I haven't been looking at my lines, after all, I'm going on a trip that will probably have a LOT of boredom in it. And as we all know boredom = lines. It's just that I'm trying to be a better theatre professional, and I need to start taking this a little more seriously. After all, I'm even going to an audition tomorrow that I don't want to go to, simply because the director is someone I would like to work with. This is how it's done!

The main weirdness is that it's Midsummer. I am so tired of that show. I've seen it at least 10 times, all of them with varying degrees of success, but all pretty good. It's not a matter of not liking the show, it's more of it's done to motherfucking death. It's not the only good funny Shakespeare show out there guys! And also, oh wait, Shakespeare isn't the only public domain playwright that is awesome? What about Marlowe? Moliere? Aristophanes? Come on people, get with the program and rock out! And if you want to sing, try out Gilbert and Sullivan! Geez.

But the fact of the matter is... why not audition for everything I can, even if it's a show that's done to death. I would enjoy being in a show, and all the hoople heads that like Shakespeare will be like, "OH! He was in Midsummer! That's an amazing show!" And the murmurs of agreement and excitment will continue. Although, who knows, it might be a "new" production set on the moon or something.

Actually, I'd get behind that.

No comments: